Dream of every teengirl is to be a typical teengirl. To be a typical teengirl means to be popular at school, to have many friends, to have a boyfriends, to wear fashionable clothes. In a word - just to be cool girl. As cool as possible.
How to be cool?
1. Learn how to relax. While you don’t want to be lethargic every day, being cool is not about being hyper. Remember though, this doesn’t mean you can’t talk or chat. In fact, it’s helpful to involve yourself in many conversations.
2. Be confident. Have your own interests and opinions, and don’t be afraid to voice them.
3. Try to be happy. Being happy is beneficial for a number of reasons. Most applicable here, though, is that being happy lets other people know that you’d make a good friend. Beyond that, it’ll make you feel better, too!
4. Smile and be sociable. You’ll never get anywhere as someone who always has their arms crossed and is frowning. Open up and smile at people! If you’re in a room where you don’t know anyone, introduce yourself. Cool people are the ones who talk a lot.
5. Compete. Enter talent contests and competitions, but don’t get excessively competitive or be a bad sport. Sports especially are very cool. If you play a sport, or are interested in playing a sport, try out for your team at school. Sports are a great way to make new friends, exercise, and get noticed. If you aren’t really the athletic type, though, find a club you like. If you like to paint, join the art club. If you’re into acting, try out for a play. If you like to sing, join the choir, and so on.
6. Talk to everyone casually at break. Don’t spend the whole time talking to just one person. Have fun and run around to different people to make conversation. Make the conversation light and friendly, but not too intense. Some possible topics are movies, school assignments, current events, books - anything that you think the other will like to talk about. Keep your excitement controlled, though. Also, be sure that you have variety in who you talk to. You don’t want to accidentally start stalking people!
7. Have a nice room. Don’t let it get too messy. You don’t have to keep it sparkling clean, though. For example, some posters, a desk, wall paint/paper that reflects your style, etc.
8. Get friends. Do you have many of them? Having friends shows that you are kind and capable of creating and holding bonds with other people. Try to have an overlap of friends from different schools or camps.
9. Go outside and meet real people. Don’t use your computer too much! Myspace and Facebook are social networking websites, but it’s much better if you can actually talk face to face with somebody instead of messaging/emailing them. Instead of stalking your crush online, spend time with your real friends/crush outside of your computer screen.
10. If you go online: you can chat online (safely) in a chat room with people who are interested in the same things that you are interested in. Create a facebook profile, but get your parent(s) approval first. Make sure to use proper spelling and grammar. Remember, proper grammar and typing shows that you are well-read and have class.
11. Listen to music. Everyone loves music, and you can too. Listen to music that you like. Don’t worry about listening to a certain genre of music simply because everyone else is listening to it. The kind of music that you like shows your personality and uniqueness - it’s okay to stand out!
12. Be up to date on pop culture. If you have time, consider watching one or two TV shows. Here are some of the popular shows for teens:
Pretty Little Liars
Make it or Break It
The Secret Life of the American Teenager
Hit The Floor
90210: Beverly Hills: New generation
13. Get fit. Going to the gym improves your body shape. That being said, if you are naturally big-boned or slender, don’t worry too much. Get comfortable with your weight and outer appearance. It boosts your confidence.
14. Have you ever disliked how that popular, prissy, fashion-freak girl in your class treats you? Have you ever envied her? You may have envied her before, but if you were that girl, treating other people like that, people wouldn’t like you. So don’t envy her, and don’t try to be like her. Just be yourself, because if you’re an outgoing, kind, down-to-earth kind of girl, everyone is bound to like you!